Saturday, November 17, 2007

The past two weeks, the future, and a little bit of the present

I've wanted to update this blog several times since my last post, but I haven't had a minute's rest. Tomorrow is the first day of a new era. The final paper in English nearly killed me, but I was able to turn a half-assed, completed copy by the due date. It required days of work and some sleepless nights, but I got it done. And in addition to that, I had a few other projects and homework to get done. When I finished with that, I thought I was in the clear. I wasn't. Diving started and I lost my energy completely and totally by the time finals week rolled around. I was waking up at 5, going to diving, then school, then diving until 4:45, then work until 9 p.m., getting home and trying to get an hour's worth of homework in before completely falling collapsing. I even went 40 hours without sleep. Well, as is expected in such conditions, I got sick. So: I'm sick, I'm busy, it's finals week and--oh, the final issue of the magazine is dragging behind schedule. It was stressful. It was exhausting. It was bitter. It was hell. But, I survived. And thanks to the generosity of an English teacher, I'm not going to fail any classes. In fact, by my rough estimations, I'll come out of this semester with a 3.5 GPA.

Now, it's over. This next trimester is Magazine, AP Spanish, AP US History, Algebra II (I have to have some weakness), and Economics. It sounds so easy. It won't be; I still have diving and work, but it'll be better. I hope it will be better--if it's not better, I will quit diving. It's not fair to my coach and teammates who've been so lenient with my schedule and understanding, but it's no good if I die from the stress. So that's still in the air. Hopefully, it'll be better.

For now, I just got off of work after a 7 hour shift, which followed a 7 a.m. diving practice followed by a swim meet that I timed laps for. So, I'm tired--I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I will finish my homework, go shopping with Mom, and have a nice dinner with Dad and his friends.

Speaking of Dad, he told me today his company wants him to move to El Paso. He said he's refused to move twice, but if they offer to double his salary (the first offers being 125% and 150% of his income) he is going to do it. I thought he was telling me he was going to leave Elkhart and I'd have to move in with Mom and only see him on holidays, but he wasn't. He said if he moved he would buy another house there but keep this one. And he would come back once every month. It's still scary, being alone for an entire month. My only company would be the internet and cable. But if that's what he wants, I guess that's good. And maybe I could go with him to Mexico some time. And he would be making enough to thoroughly compensate for his absence through bribery (that was humor, laugh).


So there's that.

Bed time.

Nighty Night.

No comments: