Sunday, September 9, 2007

I Am My Own Slavedriver and My Own Runaway

I will make this quick, because the second I look at the clock I will be furious with myself for not doing my homework. Which is what this post is about. It is Sunday and I am doing all my homework today. I do this every Sunday. It is because I invariably work Saturdays. I could do some work on Friday, but I usually work then and have some social time after. And Saturday nights could be a good time to do my work, but I am usually too dissuaded after working 9 hours. So Sundays usually work out as a perfect time to do my work.

But today, I cannot seem to focus. I should really be able to do this, but for whatever reason I can't stop distracting myself. Even as I read Brave New World, I had to stretch out my leg muscles and back while reading. And instead of going straight to my other million assignments, I spent 2 hours putting up pictures around the house and other frivolous activities (like updating a blog that goes unread) that do not contribute to my GPA or to anything. Then I get angry and force myself to start doing work. I do so by stressing myself out. I think of all the homework that I have left and all the consequences of not doing it. And then I get into a panic, like the one I am in even as I type this. It becomes too much and I go back to my homework.

Now I have to go do my homework.


Confession of the Day: I really did like Sophie's World, even though I hated it until the end.

No comments: