Friday, September 28, 2007

Promotion might be a step backward

I don't know if I'm supposed to mention this -especially not online- but whatever. My dept. manager, store manager, asst. store manager, and the lead salesman have all been pushing for my promotion to the asst. dept. manager position at work. This has to go through the regional dept. manager (I know, could we get any more managers?). I too want the promotion. It was offered to me, but the decision won't be made for a week to allow any other applications that might come in to be processed. I was originally told, when I applied for the position, that it wouldn't require any additional hours. But now, they are telling me I would have to take on an additional 5-10hrs/wk. I don't know that I can do that. The job would be an hour inrease (50 cents I think), plus $50 bonus each month the store hits its quota. The extra money and time would equate to an addtional $300/month. But I had to drop hours just to keep my sanity before. If I went at 4 instead of 5, 3 days a week, plus 8 1/2 hrs Saturday, that would give me 23 1/2 hrs/wk. Is it worth it? I don't know. I don't think it is, money isn't very important at this point. I have no time to spend it. However, my many long-term goals do require lots of money. I think I know that I can't take the promotion, but I've been waiting to take this promotion since my second week there. It's too bad really.

School is okay. I've got a good GPA, it's my REM (cycles) I'm concerned about. I usually get enough sleep, but I spend too much time on the internet. Like this. I like this blog, it lets me write and record my thoughts, and very few people will ever sit down to read it. And if they do, that's great too.

No comments: