Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tonight was another one of those

I knew tonight would be stressful. That is why I took steps to make it go easier. I got all my sources for my annotated bibliography last night. And today after school, I cam home and saved all my sources in a digital format (except the encyclopedia article) in a digital format on my laptop. I did that so that I could flip through them before annotating the bibliography. I wanted to do that at work. I always do my homework there, and they don't have any problems with it, as long as I help any customers (I do). I had my crap together, but then they threw a wrench in my plan.

I got to work and my manager told me she needed my coworker to move some cast iron pans and griddles to another part of our department. We did that in 20 minutes. We should have had the rest of the time to do whatever we wanted (as long as we helped customers). But then, another coworker from another department came over and said we're reorganizing another part of the department. Normally, I wouldn't pay too much attention to somebody from another department telling me what to do, but this guy is around 60. For whatever reason, I associate his age with a earned respect. So I did what he said. After one section was done, he laid out more work, and then again, and again. I was organizing, lifting, and lowering boxes for 3 1/2 hours straight. What's more, I couldn't help customers properly. So, I finished the evening with a negative number for sales (I had to give some old lady on social security a *free gift* for applying for an ABC card. Free means it comes out of my sales. And I didn't want to process her application, but the same coworker who made me reorganize the entire department told her I would). Overall, not a good night at work.

I got home and started working on my bibliography. I had to annotate all the sources and add a couple citations. It would have gone faster, but I didn't have one of my sources (the book), and I couldn't find what city it was published in. It was ridiculous. I finally got it done, 1 minute before it had to be uploaded. Then I had to learn Latin phrases. That wasn't too bad, because I enjoy it. I didn't remember my vocabulary book, so I hope I already know the words. And I didn't bring home my history book, because I didn't think I needed it for the projects (I did). So I did one of the history projects. The other is really just an assignment, but it takes a good 2 hours to do. I might cheat. I know that sounds immoral, unethical, whatever. It is. If he didn't assign busy work, I might feel a little worse about it. I could also turn it in late for half credit or try to get it done before that class (won't happen). We'll see. One thing is certain: I am tired and I have to get up early tomorrow and buy donuts.

Today's Confession: I drank a caffeine drink to stay awake. I hate caffeine drinks. I don't drink soda, energy drinks, sports drinks, or any of that crap, but I think I would have fallen asleep at my first annotation without it.

No comments: